Yes, we do accept Windows binary submissions.

-greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 5:30 AM
To: RPy help,support and design discussion list
Subject: Re: [Rpy] future of rpy 1.0

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Mario Beauchamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering... now that rpy 2.0 seems to be the new thing,
> does that mean rpy 1.0 will die? I am not ready yet to go 2.0 and I
> still depend on windows installers for newer versions of R as they
> come along but it seems that none are coming...

Hopefully the backward compatibility interface in rpy 2.0 will
eventually make upgrading from rpy1 to rpy2 simple.

In the meantime, I would assume the developers would accept Windows
installers compiled by volunteers.  These need updating for each new
release of R, so the installers do get out of date.

Its been a while but I have build rpy on Windows with Python 2.3 and
MSCV 6.0 (the compiler used for the official Python 2.3 installation).
 Cygwin's mingw32 compiler should also work (which is freely available
software) for any version of python.

Peter

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world