Hi,

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When building python extensions, you are generally recommended to use
> the same compiler as was used for python.  On Windows with the
> official Python 2.3, this meant MSVC 6.0, but for later versions of
> Python more recent MS compilers are used.

The official Python 2.5 is still built with that obsolete MSC v.1310...

> But yes, I can confirm that rpy1 could be compiled using MSVC 6.0 for
> Python 2.3, however, this was at least a year ago and there will
> probably have been changes since (e.g. R header changes), so it *may*
> not work now.

Well, as Bo Peng found out today, it is not that easy (as I suspected)...

> You may end up with R, python and your extensions compiled with three
> different compilers - it depends on what you mean by avoiding mixed
> compilers ;)

What I mean is dealing with one building environment is quite enough for me! :)
I am not that good with that stuff...

And my past experience with mingw was a bit puzzling... but it is not
the place to discuss this issue ;)

cheers
--
Mario B.