If so easy, then what's the meaning/motivation for Mobile IP?

> or transport layer (TCP) can be changed a
> bit to do a better job to use identifier? I just don't see it as a
> critical issue to ILNP...

Binding transport associations to identifiers is a better choice. However,
like the home addresses in Mobile IP, the ILNP identifiers should also be
routable in the Internet so as to allow the packets with destination being
identifier to be forwarded to some home-agent like device. Then what's the
business model for deploying such home-agent like devices based on the fact
that the ILNP identifiers are flat. In addition, since the ILNP identifiers
are not required to be globally unique, routing based on such identifiers in
Internet is almost impossible.

Xiaohu