I support everything Vince wrote (msg06522), including his option #3:
there being two documents - one being summaries, critiques,
"rebuttals" etc. as an RRG RFC and the other being a recommendation,
written by Lixia and Tony, published under their names and not as an
"RRG document".

Extending this a little, I think everyone should have a go at writing
a recommendation - ideally with goals, non-goals, analysis of all the
proposals etc. along the lines of my (msg06219).  These could be
separate RFCs by separate authors.

Alternatively there could be an omnibus RFC with recommendations from
various authors, including the co-chairs.  This might be published as
an RRG RFC, as long as it was clear that it was a compendium of
contributions with no inference about consensus or levels of support
from RRG participants.

  - Robin