On 02  Jul 2010, at 07:45 , Patrick Frejborg wrote:
> I had a look on that, if I understood that right you need
> two NICs on the host to be able to use both border routers?

No.  That is not correct.

BRDP lets even a node with only 1 network interface
learn about and use as many border routers as exist.

> It also seems that VET do not integrate multipath
> transport protocols in the architecture?

I don't know what "VET" means, so can't comment on VET.

ILNP actually enhances multi-path transport protocols,
such as the (UK) UCL work on MP/TCP.

However, it is important first to note that ILNP *by itself*
enables a multi-path TCP implementation -- without requiring
any TCP protocol extensions/options.  Further, ILNP's approach
also enables any other transport-layer protocol to instantly
become multi-path capable.

To provide a single example of how ILNP can enhance existing
proposals for MP/TCP, combining ILNP with MP/TCP enables one
to use a single IPsec session with a multi-path TCP connection.
By contrast, with current IPsec, one would need to have a
separate IPsec session for each pair of TCP endpoints.  So
the key management complexity associated with MP/TCP
would be reduced from O(M * N) to O(1) -- which is a very
significant benefit and quite complementary to existing work
within the MP/TCP area.

Yours,

Ran