On 05  Aug 2010, at 06:34 , Patrick Frejborg wrote:
> Could you explain in more details or point me to a paper how this is
> achieved - couldn't find it described in
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rja-ilnp-intro-03, thanks!

A starting point is that I-D, Sections 2, 3, and 4.

Because a node, at any time, with any ILNP session, can use
(1) all valid local locators and (2) all valid correspodent
locators, therefore any session can use (A) any path
at any time or (B) any combination of paths at any time.

Also see, for example, MILCOM 2009 paper.  Also
discussed, for example, in the MILCOM 2006 paper,
in the context of a Coalition Peering Domain.

>> To provide a single example of how ILNP can enhance existing
>> proposals for MP/TCP, combining ILNP with MP/TCP enables one
>> to use a single IPsec session with a multi-path TCP connection.
>> By contrast, with current IPsec, one would need to have a
>> separate IPsec session for each pair of TCP endpoints.  So
>> the key management complexity associated with MP/TCP
>> would be reduced from O(M * N) to O(1) -- which is a very
>> significant benefit and quite complementary to existing work
>> within the MP/TCP area.
>
> True, since the IPsec session is "anchored" to the identifier
> and thus agnostic to transport protocol changes.

Right.

Yours,

Ran