On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:18 PM, RJ Atkinson <rja.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05  Aug 2010, at 06:34 , Patrick Frejborg wrote:
>> Could you explain in more details or point me to a paper how this is
>> achieved - couldn't find it described in
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rja-ilnp-intro-03, thanks!
>
> A starting point is that I-D, Sections 2, 3, and 4.
>
> Because a node, at any time, with any ILNP session, can use
> (1) all valid local locators and (2) all valid correspodent
> locators, therefore any session can use (A) any path
> at any time or (B) any combination of paths at any time.

So to achieve multi-pathing you need two separate interfaces with own
locators on the node - unless BRDP is used for egress traffic of the
initiator to solve the exit routing (that I have called first mile
routing).
It is unclear for me how BRDP works at the responder site, e.g.
subflow A is arriving at border router 1 - locator value is rewritten
and packet is forwarded to the responder. Subflow B is arriving at
border router 2, locator value is rewritten and forwarded to the
responder. How does the responder know to which border routers subflow
A and B belongs in order to achieve separate and symmetric paths?
BRDP is replacing default gateway mechanism, it seems that something
should be added for the first packets of a subflow at the border
router so that the responder can "setup" the returning subflows to the
correct border routers.

Also which component  is applying  muxing of packets from the
application level and concurrently load-balance packets between the
paths?
I.e. two first packets are sent on path A and following packets are
sent on path B, then following on path A etc

> Also see, for example, MILCOM 2009 paper.  Also
> discussed, for example, in the MILCOM 2006 paper,
> in the context of a Coalition Peering Domain.

Will do

-- patte