On 9/2/07, Wilson Bilkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/1/07, rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This decision, if it is made in this manner, is suicide for RSpec.

I simply don't understand this statement. Why is this such a big deal?
RSpec's mock framework offers pretty much ZERO over mocha or flexmock
- the only thing is that it saves you from typing 24 or 27 characters
in a config file, depending on your preference. 21 if you use RR.

After that, the functionality is pretty much the same as the other frameworks.

> I have been a huge RSpec booster, but this will make me drop it like a hot
> coal.

Again - I can't understand where you're coming from here. If you start
using test/unit or test/spec or any of the other bdd frameworks you'll
still need to make a decision about a mock framework.

What is the pain that you're perceiving that will come along w/ us
dumping the mock framework? Perhaps there's something we can do to
minimize that pain once we know what it is.

Cheers,
David