I'm involved in a new project where we plan to use dual Power PC Synergy
SBCs running
Yellow Dog LINUX.  Since RT Linux doesn't seem to ready for prime time I
have been trying
to do deterministic scheduling with the existing system, with some
success.  So far I:

1.    Changed my HZ from 100 to 1000
2.    Set the running thread priority to 90 with sched_setscheduler
3.    Locked the task in memory with mlockall
4.    I used the interval timer, setitimer to do my scheduling

I am able to get tasks to down to ~1 ms.  And as lone as nothing else is

going on it is solid as a rock

The problem is that when another process is started, any access to disk,
etc I blow my frame,
where I get burps out to 10 - 30ms.

Is there anything else I might do to make my task more deterministic and
is there any hope for RT Linux
with Synergy (PPC).

Thanks......Al