[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We have an experimental RTL V3 with an option to turn off Linux
> on one PC. Measured latencies are very low -- but this is early code.
> If you are interested in testing please send email to me.

Very interessting!

IŽd like to have a look at it, because i intend to
modify the kernel-scheduler in the following way
(if i ever have enough time to do so :-) )

o user-spaces processes, kernel-threads and linux-interrupts
  should be fixable to specific CPUs.

o Additionaly to the usual time-sharing "nice-value", a
  priority is assigned to user-space processes, resulting
  in somewhat i would call a "hierarchical priority encoded
  preemptiv time sharing scheduler" :-)

This surely wouldnŽt apply to machine control systems, but
is intended for multimedia (happy fragging!) ... i know
that there are several other projects out there, that care
especialy about the second point (red linux, qlinux),
but AFAIK, nobody cares about the first one ...

BTW: how was you talk in San Jose?

Bernhard