On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Bernhard Kuhn wrote:

[...]
> A year ago, me and some (former) collegues had the following idea: on an
> SMP machine, Linux could run in non-SMP-mode on one processor, while
> RTEMS is using the other processor. Depending on the application, the
> whole RTEMS-stuff would fit into 512 KByte of memory, an thus fitting
> completly into the L2-Cache of a Pentium II.

Sounds great, for things such as machine control, where you need a known
and invarying number of small tasks that just have to run very fast.
[...]
> If there are enough people out there, interessted in that idea, we could
> revival the project.
I'm interested! I guess the same thing would work with ecos too?
 (<http://www.redhat.com/products/ecos/>)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ph.D.)    Fax: +32-(0)16-32 29 87
Dept. Mechanical Eng., Div. PMA, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium