> Is there any possibility that something in the crontab
> is running at the same time as your observed "glitches"?

I don't know much about the cron daemon... but, as far as I
can tell,  the system glitches are happening ~10 times a
second. (The code I sent only catches something like 1 out
of every 50 glitches.) I can't imagine the crontab being
that busy. Regardless, Iwill look into.

I've also recieved advice about the dangers of bios power
saving. I've disabled all bios power features on both
machines, and disabled all advanced bios settings in my
kernel, and the glitches remain.

Someone else mentioned that I was trying to go too fast b/c
the sample I sent out this morning runs at 100kHz. I can
lower the frequency to 1kHz (feel free to do so :) ) and
both systems still glitch, it just takes longer to catch one.

I thank you all for your advice
 -Chuck