On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The code below is very short and simple. It compiles with the standard
> options available as variables in rtl.mk, and the module depends on
> rtl_sched and rtl_time. All you have to do is compile, insert, wait(for me
> 30 seconds is enough), and dmesg.
>
> Typical dmesg output
>
> > Delay of     192ns near       0ms
> > Delay of     288ns near      95ms
> > Delay of     352ns near    1609ms
> > Delay of     384ns near    1648ms
> > Delay of     448ns near   23322ms
> > Delay of 1141792ns near  937517ms
> > Delay of 1224000ns near 1530446ms

My is (2.2.17pre19 non SMP rtlinux30pre6c aka 2.3-pre3):

Delay of     160ns near       0ms
Delay of     192ns near       1ms
Delay of     256ns near  318337ms
Delay of     288ns near  318573ms
Delay of     448ns near  319886ms
Delay of     512ns near  320861ms

BTW: RTL maintainers, could you add RTL version printout around the message
Real-Time Linux Extensions Loaded.... ?

At around 300000 ms I have started "make -j6 bzImage", before the system was
idle. My results are probably some kind of cache misses. And 512 ns is OK.
I will let it run overnight. This is:

vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 5
model           : 8
model name      : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping        : 12
cpu MHz         : 400.907
cache size      : 64 KB
running on GA-5AA REV 2.2 motherboard with 32 MB RAM.

>        tick_time = clock_gethrtime(CLOCK_REALTIME);   //check time
>        tock_time = clock_gethrtime(CLOCK_REALTIME);   //check time

Sorry, I was not familiar with clock_gethrtime function. All my comments
about reading RTC clock and ISA are probably not valid here, since this is
probably using TSC clock.

Best regards,
--
Tomek