>Mark Reginald James wrote:
>> Michael Kahle wrote:
>
>> Ooo.  Another thought.  I noticed that you are doing a transaction
>> without using the "rescue" catch.  If something else goes wrong, besides
>> validation, you will never know what happened!  :)
>
> Unless you have a pre-save model callback preventing the save for
> a specific reason by returning false, that you wish to signal to
> the user, such exceptions are better handled by an app-wide catcher.

I'm really not sure what a pre-save model callback is.  This is rapidly
getting over my head! :)

Are you saying that anything caught by "rescue" is something that you
wouldn't want to pass back to the user?  Is this because, let's say, in
the event of a database failure it would better to send this to a log
file or something similar?  Is the idea behind what you are saying that
we should only be passing validation errors back to the user?

This would make sense to me.  I'm just far too green with Ruby at this
point to even think about that.

Thanks again.