On Monday, October 28, 2013 9:59:25 AM UTC,
sally.s...@conceptresourcing.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are having issues with our currentl web agency who have built our
> website on ASP using Ruby on Rails. Forgive my ignorance if I have this the
> wrong way around, this is not my area of expertise! Can someone tell me
> what I need to do in order to change agency?  They are being obstructive in
> providing web files or information. We are currently hosted by Rackspace
> who we would like to stay with but through a different agency.

Hi,

ASP and ruby on rails are 2 very different things - ASP is one of
Microsoft's technologies for building web sites. Unless this was a very
unusual project it wouldn't be combining both ASP and ruby on rails.

At a bare minimum you'll need a copy of the source code as it currently is
and the data from your database. If you've got access to the rackspace
servers then you'll have a copy there (if you're lucky then this will also
include the full history of the source code). Things will generally be
easier if they will arrange some sort of handover to whoever next works on
your site.

Fred