AgileHack,

I work in an in-house Rails shop for a fairly large site (we are a
team of about 7 developers, not including operations and QA).  We use
OSX on PowerMacs and Mac Minis with Textmate and git. Some are
starting to poke around with MacVim and others swear by Netbeans.
Secondly, everyone uses OSX for dev personally except for one guy who
uses Debian.

Largely, everyone chooses OSX and Macs, its not a forced decision. All
the vendors who come in to staff augment or work on other projects
from respectable Ruby/Rails shops always show up with Macbooks.

For what it's worth, I don't use a MacBook pro, never have. I think
they are too much $$ for RoR dev. I use a bottom of the line with
extra RAM.