Rick Lloyd wrote:

>> Why is :Rserver useful? �I hate that command.
>>
> Does seem kind of like belts and suspenders doesn't it?
>
> I've actually found that ":Rserver thin" does not work in my
> environment.   Thin is started in the background and then silently
> dies.  However, ":!thin -d start" is the bee's knees.
>
> You might take a look at ":Rlog" to view your logfile in macvim.  It
> does the magic# -> color mapping so the logfile looks pretty.  There
> seems to be some delay in the logfile update.
>
> I'm not sure I'll stay with this for my development, I think that the
> rails package on aquamacs is a little more intuitive but that's a
> really subjective assessment.

Ok, I'll try :Rlog.

Do you use macvim?  I have a problem with regular vim now.  When I open
a file in regular vim, I get colored blocks around all the text, which
makes it almost impossible to read.  Is there some setting that I can
add to .vimrc to prevent regular vim from colorizing the text?

Thanks.