Roderick van Domburg wrote:

> So theoretically: no, Rails apps don't require cookies. But what are the
> practical reasons to be concerned about them?

because i was trying a Rails app (from the book Simply Rails 2.0)... and
at the "Flash" part, (not Adobe Flash), it talks about next action
passing of info... and without saying how it works.  Another book (Rails
Recipe) says that it is part of the Session object, and it uses cookies
to do it.

So I instantly disabled cookie on Firefox using Web Developer add-on,
and then, my Rails site that was working before now gave an error... and
didn't work...

that's the concern...  turning off cookie broke my Rails app.