Conrad Taylor wrote:
> First, I would highly recommend purchasing the book, "Programming Ruby
> 1.9" because you will need a reasonably good foundation of the
> language of Rails.  Second, I would recommend getting the book, "Agile
> Web Development with Rails 3ed" because it includes a step by step
> tutorial and a reference section.  In short, you'll have to invest
> some time in finding these and other resources yourself and try to
> show a bit of appreciation when people go out their way to assist you.
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Conrad
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 27, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Frank Guerino
> <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the references.  I'm doing my best to look at as many as I
can.  The real issue is there are so many to look into.  The reason for
coming here and asking everyone for their opinion on the best references
is for the same reason the Ruby community believes in convention over
coding... Convention comes from other people's experiences and I believe
I'll learn more about the right references to look at, in a few short
conversations on the forum than I will going out and randomly looking
for and reading things on my own.  Why waste the time when there are
many brilliant people that have already suffered the same problem.

As for your comment on showing a bit of appreciation when people go out
of their way to assist, I believe I was truly grateful and thanked those
who helped, as can be witnessed above.  If my means of thanking others
doesn't conform to your liking, we can always take that conversation off
line, which I always find far more mature and professional than
criticizing people publicly.  After all, we're all just looking for help
or ways of helping others.

My Best,

Frank