Well this was something that I found also a bit weird when I began
learning rails. I generally don't like apple because they obligate you
to buy also the hardware for having their OS, programs and the like...

Except from all of that and most importantly, as a web developer I
need many versions of internet explorer to check how my sites are and
I don't enjoy to have a virtual machine with windows to check them. So
in one corner stands rails installation in windows which isn't that
difficult, and in the other stands a virtual machine installation with
windows and all the internet explorer versions to check the sites.
Internet explorer is the most used browser (unfortunately) so it is
necessary to check your site there and it is easy with windows to have
all the versions and generally all the popular browsers. So windows
and rails is ok I think and I personally prefer it from OS X :).