On 2009-12-05T17:36:40, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> I bought a Mac laptop when I had to spend significant time on the
> road, because I can test with browsers on all the major platforms:
> Mac (native) and Linux/Windows VMs, all on one box.

I guess "major" is subjective and depends on your user base.  At
work it breaks down along these lines (we do not test browsers
across different OSes): 82% IE, 13% Firefox, 3% Safari, and 1%
Chrome.

Apples makes Safari available for Windows.  Both Chrome and
Safari use WebKit as their engine.  There is also Lunascape which
support all the engines on Windows.

ies4linux with the help of wine gets you IE 6, 5.5, 5 on Linux.
Chrome is in beta for Linux, if you do not want to use that you
Chromium might be a suitable alternative.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC