I really don't understand why giving so many importance to Hardware
and Software.

What really matters IMHO is People and his Ideas, from Matz to we all.

I have written something about that here:

http://marcricblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/ruby-on-rails-for-sale-under-2500.html

And here:

http://marcricblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-matters-most-size-or-pleasure.html

I do use Windows so far with no problems (thanks to Luis Lavena), if I
need to change for any reason, will never go to an even more
proprietary O.S. (OS-X only runs on Mac hardware...), will go to any
Linux flavor in a hardware of my choice and budget.

Regards.