Smart RoR,

We went down the ExtJS path and it was a painful one.  The widgets can
provide a nice user experience but it comes with a high price on the
development side.  When you step off the golden path with Rails you lose a
lot of the magic.  We are in the process of removing ExtJS from our
application because there was just too much pain.

Anthony Crumley
http://commonthread.com