Anthony Crumley wrote:
> Smart RoR,
>
> We went down the ExtJS path and it was a painful one.  The widgets can
> provide a nice user experience but it comes with a high price on the
> development side.  When you step off the golden path with Rails you lose
> lot of the magic.  We are in the process of removing ExtJS from our
> application because there was just too much pain.
>
> Anthony Crumley
> http://commonthread.com

Thanks Anthony for feedback.
However, not using UI widgets at all would be
loosing a lot of great user interface goodness...

Overall you can make Rails Standard UI better
but when you need ExtJS grids you need them.

 Web Service style json
output... and input in JSON would have to be created
so that params get populated in similar way....and models
 remain same.

It's harder I agree. Lots of output json JavaScript massage...

But in the long run your website will operate better.
I know jQuery has serialize form style. However,
we also need some standard JavaScript libray functions
to lessen this pain......

Any more feedbacks and solutions here...

Thanks in advance!