Jeremy wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have to say that I am very pleased that I have received such great
> instead I got real answers. I feel I have a solid direction and don't
> feel like I'm blindly trying to figure this stuff out. So please
> accept my sincerest thank you to all of you for helping me out!
>
> Bob,
> I decided to go ahead and buy the book regardless if it's
> outdated :-)  I kinda figured the way deployment is done couldn't have
> changed too much.

It probably has.  I don't think Passenger was in wide use at the time,
and it's now probably the most common choice for deployment.

> Peter,
> Thank you, I appreciate your contribution as well.  Although, it was a
> little over my head when you started talking "mercurial repositories"
> but I'm sure I'll understand what that means sometime in the near
> future.

Mercurial is a version control system -- though it's not in all that
wide use in the Rails community.  I think most Rails developers use Git.
 Which version control system are you using?

(Hint: if the answer is "none", fix that *today* by installing Git.
 There is no excuse whatsoever for neglecting version control.)

Also, check out Heroku for very easy Rails deployment.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org