Hi Marnen,

    > It probably has.  I don't think Passenger was in wide use at the
time,
    > and it's now probably the most common choice for deployment.

So you're saying Passenger is a good choice for deployment then?  I
still plan to read the aforementioned book, I don't think it would
hurt.

   >  Which version control system are you using?
   > (Hint: if the answer is "none", fix that *today* by installing
Git.
   >  There is no excuse whatsoever for neglecting version control.)

Well, I never plan to neglect vc...  that's partially why I created
this thread because I wasn't sure what to use.  I already have Git
installed (which I installed quite some time ago), but I don't
understand how to use it quite yet so that's why I'm reading what I
can about it...  but I need a book that is going to take me through it
via baby steps since I don't have any experience whatsoever using Git,
(or any other vc as far as that goes but Git is what I'll probably use
in the end.)

> Also, check out Heroku for very easy Rails deployment.

I will def look into that, thank you for the reference.

Thanks again,
Jeremy