On 10 February 2011 20:16, Megas Megas <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> How do you know which partition is using now? On my diagram at one
> glance i can see all partitions for current view. Sometimes some
> projects change layouts dynamically, I've spent a lot of time to
> discover this.

(Partial, I assume).
Yes, a little searching... but the context-sensitive control-clicking
in my IDE lets me follow through very quickly, and I generally try to
name stuff to be simple to find again (the self-documenting approach)

> How do you find the place where action is initiated? Through the search?
> It takes a long time, isn't?

I don't know what you mean for sure. What "place"? Do you mean
"controller action"? If so, I look at the URL... and I can open any
file by name with a couple of key-presses.

> When i made this diagram, everything in this controller became clear for
> me,

That's great to hear. I hope it works well for you. I'm all for people
working in whatever way is best for them.
For me; it's not so much help to have the controller/view drawing.

> but here's drawback - it takes a lot of time to build.

But if the time it takes to build is off-sets in time you save from
your previous searching, then it's a win.

But I would say that if others can find it quicker and easier while
not using the drawing, then maybe the problem you're fixing with the
diagram isn't the biggest win you could achieve?