I ultimately written the app from the beginning, this time including
'acts_as_taggable_on' from the beginning, and it works!
I'm definitely sure that it depended to a name mismatch, since the Post
model had already an attribute called :tags .
Even by removing this attribute with a "rails g migration
remove_tags_from_posts tags:string" the PostsController was puzzled by
the name mismatch, and yes, I also removed the attribute from schema.rb
; there is evidently some other file that should be modified as well,
but which file is it I couldn't say.

Right now I will try to code the tag-based indexing, and I'll let you
know!

Cheers and thank for your help!