On 7/17/12 2:37 PM, Tim Chevalier wrote:
Likewise, I think that's a documentation issue.

I don't think that's entirely true. Gecko is so large that nobody can hold all the names in their head. And the dependency graph of Gecko has rapidly approached a complete graph over time -- it's inevitable in large software projects -- so everyone encounters names of functions that they haven't seen before. Being able to guess at a glance what a function does is critical, and it's much easier to parse CreateOrRecycleThebesLayer() than, say, mk_tl().

Patrick