I want to add that we did initially have a scheme where you have to
import every impl you used (not every method), and that this was
abandoned because it was burdensome and, in typical situations,
completely redundant.

Another problem with this proposal seems that it does away with the
possibility of explicitly grouping a bunch of methods that make up the
implementation of an interface. Implementing interfaces go-style, by
just happening to have implemented all the methods that make up the
interface, seems inappropriate for a language where interfaces aren't
structural.

So I very much agree with Patrick. Some aspects of this proposal are
attractive, but it breaks some essential properties of the way methods
currently work (and probably can't be adjusted to work around that
without losing most of it attraction).

Best,
Marijn