On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Patrick Walton <pwal...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> What would happen if two types defined a method called, say, "foo", and
> the importing module glob imported them both?

Here's the part where I have to say that I'm not intimately familiar with
how Rust's existing method lookup works. But I don't see why it would
necessarily have to work any differently from the way it does now. If you
use dot syntax, it would try to do type-based name resolution (i.e. use the
method in scope whose self-type matches), autoborrowing, autoreferencing,
and whatever else it currently does to try to get an unambiguous match. If
that fails, *then* you would have the option of tweaking your imports,
`use`ing the method under a different name, or switching to function syntax
and adding an explicit module qualifier (along with explicit borrowing and
whatever).

--
Your ship was destroyed in a monadic eruption.