> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Steve Klabnik <st...@steveklabnik.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Part of the issue with that statement is that you may or may not
>> program in this way. Yes, people choose certain subsets of C++ that
>> are more or less safe, but the language can't help you with that.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Fernando Pelliccioni
<fpellicci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, you could show this in the article, using the "good" subset of C++.
> Then people can choose.

I think Steve's point is that, with Rust, you get a language-level
guarantee.  With C++, you can avoid the unsafe parts, but to do so you
have to be especially vigilant; it's easy to accidentally get into
unsafe territory.  With Rust, you always know when you're stepping
into unsafe territory.  At least, that's the goal.

Lindsey