On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Steve Klabnik <st...@steveklabnik.com>wrote:

> Oh, Patrick, I slightly mis-read what you said. Yes, that was the
> intention.
>
> > I think official documentation shouldn't be directly trying to "sell"
> Rust against other languages,
>
> While I agree, comparing against things we already know is a powerful
> way to learn. I _do_ think that we shouldn't say "C++ is terrible,"
> because it's not, but I do feel that not making some references to
> other languages is basically impossible.

Steve,

My point is that I could show how to program in C++.
This "another" way of C++ is very similar to Rust, so, the distance between
C++ and Rust would not be as large as that which you have stated in your
article.

...So, the benefits of using Rust would not be as exaggerated if we include
other factors into the equation, then the reader would be better informed.
Could you be so kind as to enable comments on your page?

Thanks,
Fernando.