Hello Chih-Hsuan, Perry, all.

Chih-Hsuan Yen wrote in <CAMNjDR3R5GnwEmqCfyXHmR09W3mi06W9Py-pEnhi9wA=bQ\
r...@mail.gmail.com>:
 |I am a commiter of MacPorts, a package manager for Mac OS X/macOS.
 |Recently we are creating a package for this project as a replacement
 |of Heirloom's mailx. First I added this project as s-nail [1]. Later

Thank you, great!

 |another MacPorts commiter pointed out that it should be better to call
 |the package s-mailx [2]. From https://www.sdaoden.eu/code.html,
 |s-mailx appears to be the current name, while s-nail is also used many
 |times. Is the current official name for this project s-mailx or
 |s-nail? I will appreciate any input.

First of all this is all your thing.  You can use the VAL_SID= and
VAL_MAILX= make flags to adjust it the way you like, the default
is VAL_SID=s- and VAL_MAILX=nail, but in use is also VAL_SID=
VAL_MAILX=mailx, for example.  We are a POSIX mailx.

This software in particular i will call s-nail until i reach
version 15.0, hopefully by the end of 2020.  Then i will rename it
to s-mailx and switch to semantic versioning.
The reason is that there will be a major rewrite of the MIME and
I/O layer, and a rework of the network code.  This is v15, then,
and it will no longer have IMAP support for a while.  But allow
many things which are currently impossible to do, for example you
will be able to use -t and feed in a complete MIME message.

You can well name it mailx, it can do that.  But we are still
s-nail for a while.

Thank you!  And ciao from Germany,

--steffen