Ken,

I mounted a QSI revolution on top of the motor, I also made a bracket that is 
attached to the top of the front truck mounting tower. I then installed a 
RailMaster Bass reflex 8 ohm 22 X 55?X9 mm speaker on the bracket I made. I was 
going to drill holes in the grill area but believe me there is plenty of sound 
volume. The RM speaker is awesome!!!! Since I chose to mount the speaker in the 
front I was limited to a speaker that is slightly under 1" thus the RM bass 
reflex, for $12 you can't go wrong.

Ed Sauers




________________________________
From: mhrywest <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, December 22, 2010 9:27:00 PM
Subject: {S-Scale List} Modeling questions

  
This afternoon, Steve Doyle, Jim Brown and I got together to start work on our 
H10-44's from Smoky Mountain, OK so we were impressed but here are some 
questions.

1. The cab end of the model is so open, has anyone done anything with the 
interior? It sure seems like a great idea. If not, I am going up to Duluth to 
get some shots of the interior in the H12-44 up there and do more thinking. 

2. The unit has soooooooo much space for DCC and sound, where are folks 
installing it? Opportunities I can see are under the floor in the cab (The 
floor 
which is part of the interior from question 1. Or using the Railmaster Bass 
Reflex speaker, have the speaker sound come out of the radiator screen on top 
and the bass port sound out of the stacks. No matter how this sounded the 
concept is just plain exciting. 

3. The body casting is beautiful, I spent 2 careful hours taking off detail 
that 
was not on the engine I am modeling,now I have to add some louvers. Is there a 
louver detail add on similar to the rivets that you can buy? 


3. Steve brought over his Imagine That, Industrial Building, WOW! this is an 
amazing kit or for me as I am using more of a flat concept it is about 8 feet 
of 
scenic beauty. I am mocking up my industrial area with Steve's parts until I 
get 
the flat pieces I need. He also brought in a hotel kit, the dang thing included 
every floor, the industrial building had the floors, interior posts and 
supports. Serious stuff, I wonder where Steve will get enough furniture for all 
the rooms in the hotel? I know he has some "figures" to use in one of the 
rooms...... 


Well that is it for now, thanks in advance for any ideas. Enjoy the blessings 
of 
the holidays, if you are like me, Santa does not bring any S Scale, but the 
model train fairy seems to make enough trips to the basement that I am never in 
short supply of projects. 


Ken Zieska





      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to