In a message dated 2/4/2003 3:31:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> One of the questions I asked was
> is Lionel really going to manufacture a steam locomotive.  His response was
> "Yes".   As an add on I asked, OK what loco?  He said "I can not say".  One
> thing he did say is that "it should be in the next Lionel catalog".
> 
> We went on and discussed about options on how it will be powered (i.e. AC,
> TMCC, DC.....).  Being that I am a high rail (but using KD couplers) and 
> run
> DCC I was concerned that the new loco will be TMCC and/or AC only.  I do
> know that most likely the actual motor will be DC.  But building in all the
> extra electronics would be a waste for me.  I'd be more in favor of the
> option of DC and/or DCC.  I also mentioned to him that if they do only a
> AC/TMCC system they will be cutting into the S-gauge market which is 
> already
> small, but growing.
> 

AC/TMCC with their new "button box" works perfectly for me.

RB


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to