Hi Dan and Nicolas!

Thank you for your comments!

Following your suggestions I uploaded a new patch which addresses the
issues of representation and latex methods for spin crystals.
They now have a new method _repr_ using the signature representation.
I also implemented a _latex_ method following Nicolas' suggestion.

For the curious, with the latest sage-combinat patches:

     sage: B = CrystalOfTableaux(['B',3],shape=[3/2,1/2,1/2])
     sage: view(B, pdflatex=True, tightpage=True)

This should look much better now!

The latex/dot2tex code in graphs already handle bounding boxes properly:

     sage: G=B.digraph()
     sage: G.set_latex_options(format="dot2tex")
     sage: view(G, pdflatex=True, tightpage=True)

This sounds like a good enough incentive to finally get rid of our
Sage Days 7 quick hack, and have B.latex use the latex/dot2tex code
for graphs, doesn't it?

Could you be more specific of what needs to be done for this?

As for compactness, one could indeed use the signature, and possibly
combine it with the LaTeX function of Tableaux. Here is a quick hack
to see what it could look like (please check; maybe a revert is needed):

     sage: def spin_latex(self): return latex(Tableau([[i] for i in
self.signature()]))

     sage: sage.combinat.crystals.spins.Spin._latex_=spin_latex
     sage: view(G, pdflatex=True, tightpage=True)

With the digraph G, the edge labels are not printed.
I have now implemented this suggestion and
view(B, pdflatex=True, tightpage=True)
should give the desired result.

Cheers,

Anne