> Making maps() into an attribute like Mike suggested sounds good to me.
> I am not so sure about maps_. Isn't it enough if maps?? would give a list
> of
> maps and their use cases?

My problem here is that on my computer maps? or maps?? is slow, while
maps.<tab> is fast.  I don't know if others have this problem (maybe thats
what happens if you drop your computer and spill wine on it :)

The other disadvantage is that (short of a copy/paste) you still have to
type out the full name accessing the function rather than the first few
characters + keystroke.

I know that the 'name_.' is not standard, but it will require new notation
to organize the namespace and I was thinking of examples like:
D.statistics_.area()
or
D.maps_.to_non_crossing_partition()
and then deeper:
D.maps_.to_permutation_.321avoiding()

and it seems like a good way to access these functions.

-Mike