Hi Andrew,

I just noticed that with your patch trac_13072-tuples-of-partitions_am.patch
quite a few functions, like ``number_of_partitions`` are not imported
by default any more in the interpreter name space.

On the principle, I personally like this, as it goes toward having a
single entry point for features about partitions (namely Partitions),
which reduces the pollution of the interpreter name space. But others
may like those shortcuts. So please vote your preference here:

[ ] Do not import number_of_partitions and friends any more
[ ] Keep things as they currently are in Sage

Now, if we indeed go for not importing number_of_partitions, we
probably need to deprecate this import, using something like:

   in sage.combinat.partitions:

   def number_of_partitions_deprecated(n):
       ... deprecation message: please use Partitions(n) instead ...
       return number_of_partitions(n)

   in sage.combinat.all:

   from partition import number_of_partitions_deprecated as number_of_partitions

Also, we need to update a few doctests in the sage sources that use
this function and will now need to import it (see
sage.misc.superseded, sage.misc.cachefunc).

See also the related failures in sage.combinat.posets.hasse_diagram,
sage/combinat/posets/poset_examples.