Hey Nicolas,

> >    - IntegerListsLex no longer inherits from CombinatorialClass, but
> instead
> >    from Parent with elements of ClonableArray
>
> Have you made some timings to measure the improvement?

No I haven't. I just remove the (deprecated-ish) CombinatorialClass and
made sure IntergerListsLex were in the category framework. I'll make some
timings tonight/tomorrow.

> >    - Added partition options which can do French/English, latex outputs,
> >    Ferrers' diagram characters, some ordering
>
> Just checking since I haven't followed seriously sage-combinat-devel
> lately; for the semantic-changing options:
>
>   +1 on Partitions(order=...)
>   -1 on Partitions().options(order=...)

I'm currently planning on changing it to the first way.

> >    - Deprecating the following methods and classes:
> >        * evaluation()
>
> What is the rationale?

It was from MuPAD-combinat and the name doesn't make sense to me. I don't
feel strongly about this, so if you (or anyone else) want to keep it there,
I have no objections.

> >        * OrderedPartitions_nk -- Renamed to OrderedPartitions since the
> >    function OrderedPartitions just created this
> >        * ... and all variants ...
>
> It is likely that we will eventually have OrderedPartitions()
> construct the set of all ordered partitions. It would thus be natural
> to reserve the name OrderedPartitions for the class of this set.

So then make OrderedPartitions similar to how Partitions is (as a factory
class)?

> >    - Changed *_lengths into *_length_tableau() (ex. arm_lengths()
> becomes
> >    arm_length_tableau() ) and deprecated old names
>
> What is the rational?

The output is a tableau (whose entries are the *_lengths) and I believe it
is more clear. Again I have no strong opinions.

> >    - Made Partitions_n inherit from Partitions
>
> This breaks the "is_a" rule: the set of all partitions of 3 is not an
> instance of the class Partitions; the (by the way unique) instance of
> the latter indeed models the set of all partitions. Hmm, I would have
> expected UniqueRepresentation to bark about this.

When I said inherit, I meant I made Partitions_n a subclass of Partitions.
If we're on the same page with that, then I don't quite see the problem.

> >    The other 3 are more serious and have to do with docstring
> >    testing. Apparently if a parent class has a category which has a
> >    default implementation of a method, that category's
> >    implementation is what's called, despite if the parent defines
> >    the same function.
>
> This is not supposed to happen. Let me know if you manage to narrow
> down the problem into something reproducible.

If you run sage -t partition.py with the current version of the patch,
you'll see this occur (in particular, it doesn't know how to handle the
additional arguments). I'll write a small example illustrating this and
open a new trac ticket.

Thank you,
Travis