Hi All,

As Jeroen, the release manager, is taking a well-deserved break for the
next month or so, the current latest (pre)releases of 5.4.1 and 5.5.rc0 are
going to be stable for quite some time.

The combinat queue currently applies and builds without complaint on 5.4.1.

For 5.5.rc0 it is more complicated. As Hugh found with 5.5.beta0, the two
patches

   - trac_12876_category-fix_abstract_class-nt-rel11521.patch
   - trac_12587-simplicial_complex_hash-ts.patch

need to be rebased. (Travis, please check this as you said above that you
had rebased to 5.5.beta0 which isn't that different.) With these two
patches disabled the rest of the queue applies, unfortunately, with all
patches applied sage won't build. The culprit is

   - trac11935_weak_pickling_by_construction_rel11943-nt.patch

which is not so surprising because this patch depends on #12876. Disabling
#11935 then causes a pile Nicolas' patches to fail and after a while other
peoples patches begin to be affected as well. I gave up before I determined
the full list of of patches that need to be disabled in order for the queue
to apply AND for sage to build on 5.5.rc0 but more than 25 patches are
affected.

Given that all of these problems with 5.5.rc0 should be fixed when #12876
is rebased I think that it makes more sense to wait until this is done
before people start using 5.5.rc0.

As I said, 5.4.1 is good to go.

Andrew