Hello guys !

1) I wanted to review #12867, and I then noticed that the function which
returns a "random word of length n on k letters" is so bad that I should be
rewritten rather than fixed.

sage: Words(2, 50).random_element() # Should return a binary sequence of
length 50
<You will die before it answers>

I then began to fix it. It cannot be long.

2) Then I noticed (don't remember why) that a LOT of code in
combinat/combinat.py was deprecated. I created #15466, then noticed that
there was a lot more in the combinat/ folder, some of it deprecated THREE
YEARS AGO.

I began to fix that, and to update all the files with functions deprecated
more than one year ago.

3) I then had to fix the doctests, as some of them still used the
deprecated functions, and this is what I was still doing 10 minutes ago
when I noticed that some of it couldn't be fixed by just using the advised
new functions.

Indeed, here is the list of partitions of 10 of length 3 using elements
from [2,3,4] only :

sage: list(Partitions(10,parts_in=[2,3,4], length=3))
[[4, 4, 2], [4, 3, 3], [4, 2, 2, 2], [3, 3, 2, 2], [2, 2, 2, 2, 2]]

Pretty, isn't it ?

4) I am now trying to fix this bad behaviour if I can achieve it before
being really angry and swearing that I will never touch this folder again
as I usually end up doing. I may make it. I may not.

Still, I thought I would drop you a line because once more, reading your
code is costing me an afternoon.

What can I do ? One thousand times I said this, and nothing ever happened.
Very often you know the problems exist, and well, "we will do this later".

So I thought I would drop you a line, because this carelessness in a public
software cost other people time. And more importantly, in my case, calm.

Nathann_who_is_patching_this_cursed_combinat_folder_again