On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 09:42:15PM +0000, Simon King wrote:
> +1
>
> There is a method .homogeneous_component(d). Maybe there should be a
> method .homogeneous_component_iter(), iterating over them. But the
> default iterator should iterate over elements.

Ok!

> Shouldn't it be the job of CombinatorialFreeModule to provide a generic
> iterator, relying on the iterators over the base ring and the indexing
> set for the basis? This is currently missing.

Yes. Or probably Modules.WithBasis.FiniteDimensional.Finite. Well, we
also need the base ring to be enumerated, but the category for modules
over an enumerated set. Hmm, we could even just have
Modules.FiniteDimensional inherit from CartesianProduct(...); but
until we have CartesianPower, that probably would be memory
inefficient (since we would need to store the list [R,...,R] of the
cartesian factors).

I'll think about this if this can fit in #11111.