Oh well, I don't understand all this licensing stuff. So do you
understand this license? What about derived works. Does that mean it
is not possible to modify this library and redistribute the modified
version?

In particular, as a C++ library it is no use to me unmodified. There
are also some functions I'd like to add, and the calling convention is
the opposite to what I use. So basically I'd have to modify it to make
it useful.

Bill.