On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 14:24 -0700, Bill Hart wrote:
> I do highly recommend this quad double library by the way. And they've
> implemented all manor of transcendental functions too!! The quad-
> doubles would give you 206 bits, even on your machine.
>
> Bill.
> URLs: http://sage.scipy.org/sage/ and http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/

Have you found the quad double library to be faster than mpfr, or just
more convenient? I tried using it in the partition counting code, and it
actually slowed things down when I used it for all computations between
200 and 64 bits. Alternately, if I just use it between 200 and, say, 180
bits, it gives almost no change in speed.