On Aug 23, 4:52 pm, Alexander Dreyer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Michael,> This entails getting it to build on Solaris. I am sure it
> runs on OSX
> > because that Michael Brickenstein has a Mac Laptop. So Michael, does
> > the code compile on Solaris? It seems likely because as a future part
> > of Singular I am sure that your boss would like to see that it does.
>
> After your message, I just tested it. PolyBoRi compiles (and links) on
> Solaris, buit it seem, that, I have inconsistencies on my Solaris
> machine, I get the following errors, when running our python module:
>
> python: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_WDISP22:
> and
> symbol _cerror: value 0x463b9c does not fit
> (Do you habe any clue about this?)
>
> But this is not a problem of PolyBoRi, since some statically links
> test examples which use the c++ core routines only, do work.
>
> Best regards,
>   Alexander

Hello Alexander,

knowing very little about your setup I can only give you a shot in the
dark: any chance you are compiling without -fPIC and/or -fpic? From my
experience this might also point to linker/binutils issues. Maybe you
should try the whole build with GNU binutils.

On a different note: Solaris and gcc seem to be somewhat at odds.
William and I are currently trying to resolve two C++ linking issues
with LinBox and NTL respectively vs gcc 4.2.1 on a Solaris 9 box. So
you might want to try Sun's CC if you have access - just to see if the
problem goes away.

Cheers,

Michael