I am currently adding a section on solving problems to the "SAGE
Programming For Newbies" book and I would like to propose some
enhancements to the SymbolicEquation class.

The approach I am taking with the problem solving examples is to show
how to use SAGE to solve a problem semi-manually and then how to solve
it as automatically as possible (I have found that the semi-manual
examples are often helpful for high school students who are required
to learn traditional manual problem solving techniques).

In the semi-manual example sections, I am finding that having an
expand() method and a factor() method in the SymbolicEquation class
would be helpful.  It appears that these methods would simply need to
call their counterparts in the SymbolicArithmetic objects that are
assigned to the _left and _right instance variables.

Also, I think it would be helpful to allow the SymbolicArithmetic
objects that are assigned to the _left and _right instance variables
to be made accessible individually.  One reason for this is to allow
them to be expanded or factored independently from each other.

Thoughts?

Ted