Forget the paper copy, except for a paper insert in the dvd paper case.

I have DVDs on the shelf here that cost $20 per 50 or a total of $40
for 100. The Memorex DVD sleeves (100/box) is marked $3. So we're
talking $43 total for the materials for 100 DVDs or $0.43 per DVD.

Surely the project can cover $43 in materials. The booth at the
conference and/or the attendence fee at the conference is more than that.

In fact, what I did with the Axiom and Rosetta CDs was to make one for
every registered attendee and give them out in their welcome packets.
And I left 50 copies on the reception table. (Actually I went a little
further and used the HP Lightscribe disks because you can burn an
image on the face of it rather than use a paper label.)

Seriously, the most expensive cost is the time to polish/package/test
and reproduce the DVDs. But those are human labor costs and don't need
to be recovered. Take up a donation drive to cover the costs. Ask for
$43 for christmas :-)

Give the DVDs away. The costs are chump-change compared to the benefits.

Tim