I just had this funny thought:

People come up the aisle from the Maple/Matlab/Magma/Mathematica booths
to the Sage booth asking, "So how much does your software cost?"  After
talking with them for a few minutes about what the important questions
in math software are and giving them a free DVD, they walk back down the
aisle to the M* booths and ask "So how open is your software?"

I suppose it's a little like Tim says about helping change the rules of
the game by changing the questions that are asked.  Not that we are
treating the M* as the "enemy," just that we are bringing up some
fundamental questions about how computers are used in mathematics.  I'm
also not saying that we have all the answers or that we know things
perfectly, but we do have a very valid point about open software and how
collaboration across disciplines and corporate boundaries, just like
mathematics research, leads to the eventual best.

-Jason