A fair point made: an "exit strategy" from Github should exist and should
ideally take into account that this exit may need to happen at a time where
github is no longer able/willing to cooperate in this exit: in other words,
we should ideally *back up* our issues and pull-request histories. The APIs
are there; writing the scripts to pull this stuff (incrementally?) would be
quite a bit of work, but then running it shouldn't be so bad.

This is just common sense data security policy: to us github is a single
point-of-failure. You want to store with some frequency snapshots of the
data there.